Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm beginning to think that the home repairs never, never end. I know that may not be new to some of you, but my last home was brand new, whereas this one is about 20 years old. Sigh. This was a particularly rough winter on my little abode. The January winds ripped siding off my house. That took several months to get repaired. Do you realize what a scam the insurance companies run? The insurance adjustment for the repair was only half of the estimates I got from siding companies. I was basically forced to use the company recommend by my Homeowner's insurance company (Met Life) , or I had to pay the difference myself. With all that said, it worked out fine and the siding has been repaired. It actually looks pretty good.

So why am I whining? Because now my land line phone doesn't work. I stopped working the same day the siding was repaired. So, now I need to call someone to fix that. Sigh.

With all the snow this past winter, it broke several of my Leland Cypress trees. Sigh. The estimate is $600 to trim and haul the brush. Sigh.

A condo is looking more appealing to me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment