Thursday, January 29, 2009

This is a beginner blogger's attempt at blogging. I hope to cover my home improvements, typically done in the winter months, and my motorcycling antics during warmer weather. Not sure I'll have much time to dedicate to this, but I'm gonna give it a try.

Now, I need to think about what to post. Well, at least I can say that my first blog has been generated on my birthday. I don't know why I picked today, but then again, why not. So, my birthday wish is to cuddle up with a book. What? You ask what I'm reading? Well ok then. I'm typically in the middle of two books...one for fun...one for self improvement. Don't be too impressed. I takes me months to finish a book. I usually fall asleep after 2 or 3 pages.

Self Improvement Book ....Women & Money by Suze Orman
I joined a Women's book club at work and this is the first recommendation. We meet every 2 weeks. I haven't made to a meeting yet, but still reading the book. It's pretty good actually. A little dumbed down, but in general, pretty good advice.

I hope the book club doesn't recommend any sappy romance novels or I'm outta there!!

Fun Book ...The Chrome Cowgirl Guide to the Motorcycle Life by Sasha Mullins
This was a birthday gift from a friend and colleague who knows how much I love to ride. Plus, Sasha has a Sportster similar to mine!

Well, I'm chilly on this cold January night, so it's time to grab the blanket and pillows and the books.

Since it's my birthday, one of my 3 boys can do the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment